Click on a provider below to get more information on the services they provide.
Adult Education Department – Illinois Community College Board
- Jennifer Foster, Executive Deputy Director – (217) 785-0171 or Jennifer.Foster@illinois.gov
- Kathy Olesen-Tracey, Senior Director for Adult Education and Literacy – (217) 557-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitney Thompson, Deputy Director for Workforce Education – (217) 558-0318 or email@example.com
Adult Education Professional Development Network
The Professional Development Network (PDN) is comprised of three special projects conducted under the provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II Adult Education and Family Literacy, and is administered through the Illinois Community College Board. Federal funds provide 100% support.
The PDN delivers professional development to community colleges, public school adult education programs, community based organizations, ESL, literacy programs, Regional Offices of Education, Department of Corrections education programs, and other entities related to adult education.
The PDN provides expert professional development for adult and family educators, utilizing content expertise and current research to deliver high quality services to individuals, programs, and state networks. Its goal is to support and enhance the effectiveness of those serving adult learners.
- Adult Learning Resource Center (Northern Service Center)
- Topic Areas: ESL/ELL, EL/Civics, EBRI, Digital Literacy
Contact: Sue Barauski – (224)366-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Illinois Adult Education Service Center
- Topic Areas: ABE/ASE, Language Arts/Math Standards Proficient, Assessment, Retention
- Contact: Dawn Hughes – (309) 431-1878 or DJ-Hughes2@wiu.edu
- Southern Illinois Professional Development Center
- Topic Areas: Diversity/Equity/Inclusion/Access (DEIA), ADA, Transitions, ICAPS, Bridges, Career Navigators, Data, Administrators
Contact: Sarah Goldammer – (618) 650-2254 or email@example.com
Web-based test preparation curricula used to prepare students for a high-school equivalency exams, including GED®, TASC™, or HiSET®.
- i-Pathways Contact: (309) 298-1804
User/Technical Support: (866) 250-5494