The Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Professional Development Network and ICCB present:
The Assessment Hub
The purpose of the Illinois Assessment Hub is to support programs with remote test capacity and test scheduling needs of students in order to assist in achieving increased measurable skill gains in the state of Illinois.
Starting late September 2022, ICCB funded programs will be able to request the Illinois Assessment Hub post-test eligible students remotely and at no cost.
The Assessment Hub Process
Local program sends a testing request to The Hub and informs the student they are being referred to the Assessment Hub to test remotely.
- The Hub contacts the student to schedule a remote testing appointment with email and texts.
- The Hub sends multiple reminders to the student of the testing appointment
- Trained proctors administer the post-test to the student
- The Hub sends test results to the program for entry into DAISI and DRC Insight or CASAS TopsPro Enterprise
- If a student doesn’t respond to Hub communications or doesn’t have the necessary technology for remote testing, the student will be referred back to the program for post-testing.
All levels of ABE/ASE students and ESL students NRS level 4 and higher are eligible to be referred to the Assessment Hub. The Assessment Hub tests with:
- TABE 11/12 (Reading & Math)
- CASAS GOALS (Reading and Math)
- CASAS Life and Work Reading tests
- Students need to have previously tested with a computer-based test to be eligible for this service.
- Students with a minimum of 40 attendance hours.
By making a referral to The Assessment Hub, your adult education program agrees to do the following:
- Identify one staff member to make referrals to the Assessment Hub.This person should have access to DAISI, knowledge of testing processes, and availability to serve as the point of contact for the Hub.
- Refer students for post-tests only. The Assessment Hub will not give pre-tests.
- Refer ESL students at NRS Levels 4 and above only. ABE/ASE students at all levels can be referred.
- Ensure that the student referred was pre-tested with the computer-based eTest (paper-based pre-tests are not permitted).
- Track attendance hours and only refer students who have the minimum number of attendance hours. The Hub will not be responsible for determining when a student is ready to test.
- Complete the online request form providing the required student and test information.
- Ensure the student to be tested has the appropriate technology to test remotely
- CASAS – computer running Windows 10, Chromebook, or iPad with internet access and a bandwidth of at least 2 megabits per second (Mbps) download speed.
- TABE – computer or Chromebook running Google Chrome browser with internet access and a bandwidth of at least 10 megabits per second (Mbps) download speed.
- Inform students of the testing referral to the Hub.
The Assessment Hub will begin post-test services in late September. The Hub is a pilot for FY23 and will test as many referred students as possible within its capacity. Please check back regularly for Assessment Hub updates and processes.
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your program would like to refer more than 10 students at a time, please email email@example.com for the template and instructions for how to do so.