OVERVIEW OF THE
ABE/ASE Virtual Learning Community Cohort
In February 2022, instructors were invited to join a Virtual Learning Community titled: Maintaining Rigor in Your ABE/ASE Classroom. This collaborative PD opportunity helped instructors consider strategies and tools for the delivery of rigorous instruction with the high quality and high expectations we demand of ourselves as adult educators. This cohort gives instructors the chance to converse with peers, learn and apply ideas and strategies for remote instruction, and feel connected as they collaborate with others!
There are also minimum technology requirements that must be met by participants in this cohort. If you have questions or concerns about any of the following, please email Amber Fornaciari or Anita Kerr.
- Able to create an online account in a Learning Management System
- Able to navigate a Learning Management System to find important content, assignments, discussion boards
- Able to thoughtfully contribute to online discussion boards and reply to online discussion threads
- Able to submit assignments through the LMS system in appropriate file format
- Able to use email to effectively communicate
- Able and willing to actively participate in virtual meetings with a microphone and webcam
- Able to access webinars and LMS via reliable internet access